Connect to California Tech Jobs.
According to data from TechServe Alliance, California hosts four of the hottest IT job markets in the country—all of which we are based out of and thoroughly engaged with. Whether you’re interested in working in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento or the tech corridors of Southern California, we can connect you to a great IT job in the Sunshine state.
• 6-8+ years experience required.
• Large Industrial Food Processing Equipment/Machine design experience required * .
• 4-5+ years of Inventor or SolidWorks exp required.
• 3-D modeling and drafting exp.
• 6+ years experience in machined component designing.
• Understanding of custom machine designs, GD&T techniques, manufacturing methods and best practices of CAD/Designs, to create accurate drawings that reflect cost-effective manufacturing.
• Knowledge of DFM (design & manufacturability).
• Experience creating sheet metal and fabrication drawings.
• Experience creating parts and assembly drawings.
• Experience creating machined components and drawings.
• Experience with FEA (Finite Element Analysis) is a plus.
• Experience working in SAP is preferred, but N/R.
• BSME Degree, or, equivalent experience in a similar role.
o Degreed or Non-Degreed Engineer.
• Work under the guidance of a Project Engineer to develop models in Autodesk Inventor 3D.
o There may be occasion where work will need to be done in AutoCAD 2D.
• Receive verbal instructions, customer specifications, or concept sketches to create details and assembly drawings for manufacturing.
• Sizing of mechanical components used in designs (shafts, bearings, sprockets).
• Specification of purchased components as required.
• Assignments may include equipment layout, sheet metal and fabrication design.
• Custom food processing machine designing, working with GD&T techniques, manufacturing methods and best practices, to create accurate drawings that reflect cost-effective manufacturing.
• Mobility as required, to review equipment during builds and/or construction on the factory floor.
• Occasional travel to customer facilities for meetings, and assist with equipment troubleshooting, from a design/knowledge perspective.
Apply for CAD Design Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search